Create symbol documents on your iPad
Integrates with your Widgit Online account
Widgit Writer is a simple, easy-to-use app that lets you create symbol-supported documents on your iPad.
Read documents out loud with the iPad's speech voice.
Back up your documents and view them as PDFs in Widgit Online.
Widgit Writer can be used in two ways:
- Text writing Write simple documents on your iPad with speech support
- Symbol writing Log in to your Widgit Online account and write in symbols, with access to over 14,000 Widgit Symbols also supported by speech
Using Widgit Writer with Widgit Online
If you have an internet connection, you can write in symbols using Widgit's smart symbolisation. If the internet isn't available, then you can write using the offline symbol database.
Back up and view online
You can upload your Widgit Writer documents to Widgit Online so they are safely stored away, and downloadable at any time. They can also be viewed and printed from your Widgit Online account as PDFs.
With Widgit Writer you can:
- Write symbol documents at home, in the classroom, or on the go
- Print, email, or PDF your documents at the touch of a button
- Hear your document spoken out loud
- Create symbol documents using your voice with the Speech Input feature
- Personalise your documents by importing photos from the iPad or using the camera to take a photo
- Upload and download your documents from your Widgit Online account
- Use Widgit's smart symbolisation when connected to the internet
- Easily change symbol text